Based in: Oxford
Salary: Programme Level B, £24,500 - £31,500
Oxfam's Humanitarian Department is looking for a Health & Food/Nutrition Team Co-ordinator to ensure that the demand for high quality health, and food and nutrition (including livelihood interventions) advice can be met for emergency response, rehabilitation, preparedness, and institutional learning for the successful implementation of Oxfam's global humanitarian mandate.
The post-holder will be responsible for managing the Health & Food/Nutrition team in the Humanitarian Department and hence will be expected to be a senior manager with significant experience in both these fields.
1. To provide regular management support for staff reporting directly.
2. In close co-operation with the Public Health Engineering Co-ordinator, to provide joint leadership of Oxfam's Public Health Team and for the formulation and development of Oxfam's public health policy in humanitarian emergencies.
3. To contribute to relevant departmental strategic planning.
4. To maintain an overview of global emergency operational demands and opportunities in the health and food/nutrition sector, ensuring adequate departmental sourcing.
5. To ensure that HSPs within the team are provided with effective professional support and management.
6. To ensure that the emergency response field teams are provided with the requisite health and food/nutrition advisory support needed adhering to acceptable standards.
7. To develop and manage the implementation of a team workplan and budget.
8. To work with the Head of Logistics to ensure that technical specifications for health and food/nutrition equipment are updated regularly and are appropriate.
9. To play a full role as a member of the Humanitarian Department Management team and to take on additional departmental and divisional responsibilities as agreed.
10. To represent Oxfam in external networks and to identify opportunities for co-operative and joint ventures with other agencies.
1. Proven experience of managing a team of health, food and nutrition specialist
staff in humanitarian operations, preferably within a major humanitarian NGO.
2. Professional health, nutrition or related qualification with proven record of overseas emergency project implementation and a strong commitment to and an understanding of public health in humanitarian emergencies
3. Experience or knowledge of a diverse range of interventions.
4. Proven strategic planning and organisational skills.
5. Proven people management skills.
6. Representational, diplomatic and advocacy skills.
7. Ability to work and provide leadership in complex and stressful circumstances.
8. Ability to travel up to 8 weeks per year.
9. Commitment to equal opportunities and gender equity.
To download an application form, visit our website at www.oxfam.org.uk
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Or: IHR Applications
274 Banbury Road
Oxford OX2 7DZ
Closing date for applications is 24 August 2001