Humanitarian Support Personnel – Food and Nutrition
Open to External candidates: Yes
Based in: Originating home base
Salary range: circa £21,000 (UK taxable)/£17,527 (non taxable)
Job Family: Programme
Contract: 2 years
In order to respond to humanitarian emergencies worldwide, Oxfam employs specialist personnel in various disciplines who undertake international deployments of up to 6 months on specific programmes. You will be deployed from Oxford, but foreign nationals are encouraged to apply and will operate from their originating home base.
· To design, implement and monitor food and nutrition programmes in support of an emergency response.
· To act, on occasions, as a local project manager
· To ensure that relevant programmes are effective, compatible with existing Oxfam policies and approaches and that monitoring mechanisms are in place.
· Coordination with other Oxfam staff and with staff from other organisations
· To prepare regular reports, summaries of work and recommendations.
When not on assignment, the post holder will:
· Undertake writing assignments and research work
· Undertake public speaking and media work as requested.
· Experience of international emergency work in food and nutrition with Non-Governmental Organizations.
· Nutrition related qualification.
· Written and spoken English.
· Additional language skills a distinct advantage.
Closing date: 20th July 2001
Interview date: Mid-August 2001
For further details please send a large SAE, quoting the appropriate reference number to International Human Resources Department, Oxfam, 274 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 7DZ, or email ihrappsatoxfam.org.uk.
An application form can also be downloaded from the Internet at http://www.oxfam.org.uk/download/APP-FORM.zip